Posts Tagged 'khador'

The Finished Manhunter

After all the finishing touch-ups and little niggling bits here and there, I finally committed and varnished him, and then added a little bit of static grass to the base. He’s finished, and I’ve moved on to the next model(s).

The finished Khador Manhunter

The finished Khador Manhunter

Actually, he was done a while ago, but I just finally shot decent photos of him last night. Since he’s been done I’ve worked on some more terrain from Armorcast and I’ve started constructing the Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios from Warmachine (Privateer Press). She is a weird-looking sculpt, as I have mentioned before, and I had to pin her tiny little arms, which was a pain in the neck. However, she’s now built and I’m just finishing up the detailing on her base. Then I can prime her when I’m ready and get to painting.

I’m going to try to take some time out tonight to inventory all my AT-43 (Rackham) figures and make myself a list. I think that I might have enough for three 2000 point armies (U.N.A., Therians and Red Blok) but I might need to pick up a few pieces here and there to make it happen. I would like to be able to play with friends, and if I can supply the armies for them, then playtime will be more likely. Of course, I’ll have very little playtime between now and early August, as my work is gearing up for a little event that we put on anually (that draws 700,000-plus people) and I’ll be working some long days. Hopefully I’ll have the mental energy to keep up with my painting. Maybe I can find something sort of mindless to paint or do that’s hobby-related.

The Start of My Khador Force

I finally got my lighting box built and all set up for taking photos of miniatures and such. The images are turning out okay, but I might need to keep tweaking my camera technique.

My Khador Juggernaut warjack

My Khador Juggernaut warjack

This is a Khador Juggernaut warjack from Warmachine (Privateer Press). The warjack was kind of difficult to paint because it was so big. I’ve never painted a miniature that was so large. It was also problematic to construct, as the two pieces of the torso on Khador warjacks never fit properly together, and leave a gap. I used “green stuff” epoxy putty to close the gap.

The warcaster and her 'jack

The warcaster and her 'jack

The warcaster Sorscha was fun to paint. I used the standard colors for a Khador army, but I painted her differently than her image on the box or most of the examples I found online. I mostly like how they both worked out. I didn’t dip these models (for once) but used a lot of the Games Workshop washes on them for detailing and shading. I can’t suggest those washes enough. They work great.

I may add some static grass to the bases, but other than that, they’re done. Now I need to get moving on the other warjack in the battlegroup, the Destroyer.


atom smashing

A gaming blog talking about miniatures games, miniatures painting and collecting, game design and other nerdly delights.


The Statistics – 2013

Minis games played:
• WH40k (1850 pts):
   BT/GK vs Kevin (Eldar/DE) LOST
• WH40k (1500 pts):
   BT vs Jason (D.E.) LOST
• WH40k (1500 pts):
   BT vs Kevin (S.W.) LOST
Minis finished:
 none yet
Terrain finished:
 none yet
Cons attended:
 Fire & Ice
updated 28FEB2013

Enter your email address below and receive notifications of new posts in your inbox.

Join 16 other followers

Twitter